Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Going To Fanfest, Any Advice?

My trip to Iceland to attend Fanfest is my first foreign trip that is not associated with work in any way.  As such, I don't have a lot of advanced knowledge or ideas for what to do.  Okay, I've already planned on taking the tour on Wednesday and the convention events from Thursday to Saturday are a given.  And I've already done the basic research like what type of outlet plugs and power adapters do I need.  I already had that set because Bulgaria and Iceland use the same ones.

What I need are the little details I haven't been able to research myself.  Are there things to do or places to go in Reykjavik I really can't miss?  What foods do I need to make sure I try?  What questions do I need to ask at Fanfest if I get a chance to corner a dev?  Since I'm staying at the hotel that CCP advertised as being the press hotel, is there anyone I need to look up if possible?

One more day of work and then I can relax and start packing.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. - be prepared to drink your face off
    - bring workout clothes
    - must try the hot dog stand downtown
    - everywhere in Reykjavik is a must see
    - if you corner a dev, be careful. They fight back when cornered
    - follow the crowd to the breakfast buffet. Pilots have their defenses down when hungry

    ReplyDelete