Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Past Week

I haven't really done all that much in Eve over the last week. I flew around the Hed (home to Amamaker) Semau and Jayai constellations making bookmarks and giving out some intel on gate camps. I flew through one on the Amamake/Osoggur gate when there were only 7 ships with no problem. I've seen some really big ones with the BANE alliance having a lot of fun. I was watching them one night and then one of the campers revealed he had a spy in the Minmatar militia chat, at which point I left the area.

I finally lost my Cheetah in a rather embarrassing way. I went to jump through a gate when I was informed by traffic control that I had to wait 2 minutes and 36 seconds until I could pass through the gate. While I was sitting at the gate trying to figure out what to do, a Stabber and a Rifter came in and destroyed both my ship and my pod. To add insult to injury, I was informed when I woke up in my new clone that I still had to wait 48 seconds before I could use the gate.

The lesson? If that happens again, just go to my pod saver tab and start spamming warp. To paraphrase an expression from EQ2, Cheetah's are squishy. When in doubt, get someplace safe, then try to figure out what happened.

After buying and outfitting a new Cheetah, I then figured the time was right to finally pick up a battlecruiser and start running some level 3 missions. But what to buy? I bucked the trend and purchased a Cyclone instead of a Hurricane. I had been mission running in an an artillery/assault missile/armor tanking Rupture so the switch to a autocannon/heavy assault missile/shield tanking Cyclone takes a bit of getting used to. But the ship can permatank running one tech 2 large shield booster and I've liked it so far. I just need to improve some of my missile skills.

And speaking of missile skills, improving my missile skills will also help with a new goal of mine. I want to be able to fly a Hound around instead of a Cheetah. I'd like to be able to drop in and do some damage while giving out some traffic reports on what gates are being camped. But that's going to take some more carebearing in order to get the funds. I can afford to buy one, but then my wallet will be close to empty. In Eve, never fly what you can't afford to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment